The Star Wars App is your official mobile connection to a galaxy far, far away. With a dynamic interface, the Star Wars App immerses you in breaking news, rich media, social updates, special events, and interactive features.
Here’s how to do it:
· Open the Star Wars app
· From the dashboard, tap the Augmented Reality button
· Point your device’s camera at the poster image below, either by printing out the poster or by pointing your device’s camera at it on a second screen (if you’re viewing this page on your mobile device, open it again on a computer desktop, another mobile device, etc.)
· A menu will appear onscreen displaying characters to select (the First Order stormtrooper and BB-8 from Star Wars: The Force Awakens are currently available)
· Tap a character to select
· Once the character appears onscreen in your environment, tap 1, 2, or 3 to choose different animations
· Tap the Play button to play and view the animation (featuring sound)
· Tap the Camera button to take a photo. To turn on your camera’s flash, tap the lightning icon in the upper right corner
· Tap and hold the Video Camera button to record a video of the character animation (including sound). (Video recording available only for iOS) Get creative!
· Try to interact with the character. Release the button to stop recording
· Once you’ve taken your photo or video, you will see 3 buttons — delete, save to your device, or share
· Enjoy the Star Wars app’s augmented reality feature, and pass on what you have learned: share your photos and videos using #StarWarsApp!
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. © 2015 LucasFilm Ltd and Disney.
Apple and the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Google Play is a trademark of Google